Wicked Beat by Olivia CunningMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
First off I am a huge fan of the Sinner's Series. I love the books, with that being said this is not my favorite book out of them. I hate to say it I just felt that some parts of the story were a little over the top.
Eric Sticks is the drummer for the band and he is the one who always likes to watch his band mates have sex with there partners. He was crushing on Bryan's wife Myrna for a while. So when he meets Rebekah he thinks he found his dream girl. The problem is she wants Trey.
Eric starts to hang around Rebekah to convince her that they should get it on. Trey knows that she likes him but wants Eric to have her. Well that and we all know who Trey wants. Gosh Trey is still so sweet. But Really it was like Eric started out as sloppy seconds.
When things get going for Eric and Rebekah they both have insecurities about themselves that they try to work through together. Man oh Man do they work through them A LOT. This is where some of my interest was lost. There was a ton of roll play and I got bored. So much of it seemed unreal. I couldn't take it. I know that all the books in the series are filled with sex and all kinds of crazy scenarios but this one was just over done.
Then on to Rebekah's mom. That shit was off the wall. The woman was crazy and calling her daughter whore, slut and some other shit that I don't remember but then to find out why she was saying all that crap. Nope not for me.
I did however like that we got to know who Eric is and see his quirky side. Rebekah was a perfect match for him she understood his sense of humor and really fell in love with him. I don't want to give away any kind of spoilers in this review. I received the ARC for my honest review and this is how I felt about it.
I feel awful that I am writing this. Fuck......I love the other books, I am glad that I did read this one I don't think it was a waste of my time at all. I just did not connect to this on like I did the others.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment