Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Choices


Choices 

Fate brought her here, but will her choices destroy her dreams?

Quincy Priest made all the right choices in her small town, black-and-white life. But being perfect is tiring. So. Very. Tiring. 

Wanting desperately to step out of her sister's shadow, Quincy jumps at the opportunity to attend college with her best friend. The quiet bookworm with family secrets comes out of her shell. But when Quincy meets not one, but two perfect guys, she has to make a choice. In doing so, she might forfeit the relationship she secretly longed to find. 

Declan. Sweet, handsome, and perfect. He makes her feel cherished for the first time in her life.

Brody. Sexy, hot, and irresistible. He could tear down her carefully built walls.

Before she can become the woman she wants to be, Quincy will make mistakes. And suffer one unimaginable loss.



I enjoyed reading this book.  The choices that Quincy had to make were not just between two boys but her life in general.  She had a different home life than others, even though she had both parents and a good home life Quincy's sister had mental health issues that made her want to excel in school and get a scholarship to help her parents not have to worry about the added cost of her education.  Every decision she made up until she went to college revolved around being a good daughter and sister, never acting out or making irrational decisions.

While away at college she comes across two frat brothers Declan and Brody.  Declan the good boy that will treat her right and is easy to confide in.  Brody the bad boy who does not date and she is extremely attracted to.  Both want her only one will get her.  

Quincy has a lot to learn about relationships and with the help of her best friend Jenna she is trying to make the right choices.  She dates Declan but there is always encounters with Brody that just feel right.  Declan knows that there is someone else he just does not know "who that other person is".   But with Delcan she felt safe and knew that life would be easy and simple.  


"One.There is Declan. I love talking to him, and I’d do just about anything to see him smile. He is adorable, and I could really see myself in a relationship with him. Two. There is Brody. I don’t even have words to describe him or how I feel when I’m around him. I mean, Jenna, he scares me. Alex says he never goes home with the same girl twice, and he confuses me with his mood swings. I don’t know if he’d be good for me, but I’d sure like to find out. Uggghhh! What is going on with me?” I am so confused. I’ve gone from worrying that I’ll never find the right guy to worrying how I’ll choose between two of them.

Jenna looks stunned, and I’m positive it’s because that is the most she has ever heard me say about a boy. Boys. “That’s just it, Quince. You aren’t running a marathon. As long as you aren’t committed to either one, you can explore your options. But trust me on this. Don’t ever play games with them. Just don’t ever lie about what’s going on, OK?” She is so serious, I’m not sure if she made me feel better or just scared the crap out of me.


Quincy had a lot more going on in her life than she led on.  I really connected to Quincy's home life. The issues that she went through with her sister Kate really tore at my heart.  It was written really well, Kate may have not been the main focus of the book but the few times that she was in it I got a good idea that she was a good sister.  Declan was someone that she could talk to and he always listened to her.  It seemed that they were really good at being friends.  


Every time she was with Brody I felt the fire, I just wanted her to drop Delcan and choose Brody.  They were meant to be.  She felt it, he felt heck I felt it!  I loved there time together at his parents cabin.  It was so perfect.   Brody was changing his ways to be the man for Quincy.   There was always the chemistry there with them Quincy felt alive with him.

"Please! Please listen to me.  You've never given me the chance to say anything, and now you are going to listen."  His voice penetrates the fog surrounding me.  "Quince, I want to be the person you run to.  I want to the one you trust when the darkness falls.  I want to know your dreams, and I want to breathe the air you breathe.  I just want to be with you. 




a Rafflecopter giveaway


I loved the book.  4 stars for me.  


Sydney, I just want to say that your last words in the book really hit me hard.  I have not gone through what you have but yet you spoke to my heart.  I will forever remember your book, not just for the tribute that you put at the end of the book but just the way you wrote it overall.


About the Author



Sydney Lane lives in Nashville, TN with her husband and children. Growing up in Smalltown, USA, Sydney dreamed of being a writer. After spending an obscene amount of money to go to college, Sydney finally decided to follow her heart. With her babies in bed and husband neglected, she worked by the light of her laptop and wrote Choices. Sydney is very active in charity work for anti-bullying and depression awareness groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment