Monday, September 23, 2013

Bite Me Review


I had the perfect life; an awesome job in advertising, a gorgeous high rise apartment, and a flirtation with the guy down the hall. Then it all came crashing down. Two months later I was a cocktail waitress living in a tiny one bedroom apartment. I had also developed a serious ‘men suck’ attitude. 

That all changed the night I met the beautiful and enigmatic Conner Savage. But there was just one little problem…he said he was a vampire. Figures a man that hot would be batshit crazy. Or so I thought. It didn't take me long to realize that Conner wasn't a nut job and that I was addicted to him. 

With every moment we spent together he drew me deeper into his world and the supernatural culture in which he lived.
Now I had a choice: the vampire I craved or a normal life. Couldn't be easier, right?



I loved this book.  This was a easy read and it moved quickly.  What I enjoyed from C.C in this book was nothing was drawn out.  It did not take forever and keep me on the edge of my seat and wanting to rip my hair out.  My hair says thank you, really it does.

Donna is the main character in this book working at a bar after getting fired from her firm that she worked at for years.  Good by nice Loft and hello simple living.  She still does well, despite being blacklisted in the advertising world.  She does not feel sorry for herself, still has her independence.

There first encounter Donna finds herself in a bit of a bad situation.  There are 3 men and they want to harm her.  Conner is there to rescue her and boy oh boy, this girl is not really stupid.  She quickly realizes that he is a vampire and that just seems hot to her.  Maybe it was the adrenaline from what was happening as he was saving her but she was not afraid.
Conner gets her to go out to dinner with him and now that she has had some time to think about it, there is no way that he can be a real vampire.  Come on, she has read the books, watched the movies, not possible.

"I'm not frightened of you, Conner.  I just think maybe you have issues only a great deal of therapy and several antipsychotics can fix."

Well he proves her theory WRONG.  Human/Vampire sex, not to bad.  Even better when he bites her and she blacks out from her orgasm.  Hell YES!

"With his muscular body thin and white scars crisscrossing his torso, he looked every inch Scottish warrior and hotter than any Magic Mike extra I could imagine.  My nipples hardened.

Donna has a regular girls night with her girl friends and they are just hilarious. I love the friendships that the girls have with one another.  They were so witty with each other and well vampire or not Conner was perfect.

Vanessa is one bad vampire bitch.  She needs to have her heart ripped out PRONTO.  Even after the Claiming ceremony she still wants to go after Donna.  Vanessa is like the Honey Badger, "Honey Badger don't care, Honey Badger don't give a shit." (look it up if you don't know what I am talking about).

Then we get to Donna's ex-boss, that little fucker is TWISTED.  Sick fuck.  Thank goodness Conner is all Vampire and Alpha because he is my hero too.  His loyalty to Donna is never ending and he is so patience with her.  Never betrays her and is honest with Donna when she asks him questions.

Thank goodness for stand alone.  I would have gone a little bonkers if this book was going to leave me hanging.  I don't generally mind but this book was going so well I just did not want to be left hanging.
The good thing is there will be another book in the future with other characters that were in the book.  So I hope we can see more of Donna and Conner.

Here is a link for a giveaway on C.C's FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/authorccwood/app_228910107186452

Author Bio


A native Texan, C.C. grew up either reading or playing the piano.  Years later, she’s still not grown up and doing the same things.  Since the voices in her head never shut up, C.C. decided to try and profit from their crazy stories and started writing books.

Now that she has a baby girl at home, C.C.’s non-writing time is usually spent cleaning up poopy diapers or feeding the poop machine.  Sometimes she teaches piano, cooks, or spends time bugging her hubby and two beagles.





Twitter: @cc_wood

GoodReads Link    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18368840-bite-me
Amazon Link         http://www.amazon.com/Bite-Me-Bitten-ebook/dp/B00F54K6H8/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1379880400&sr=8-9&keywords=bite+me




No comments:

Post a Comment