Monday, May 6, 2013


Taken (Give & Take, #1)Taken by Kelli Maine
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a story about Rachel and Merrick.  This book is told in Rachels POV and 2nd person format.  That is something that I don't think may people can do.



Rachel DelSalvo is a developer/designer and turned down a job offer to work for Rocha Enterprises due to family obligations.  She takes care of everyone else and never puts her needs first.  No matter how much she may want something.

Merrick Rocha is the CEO Billionaire that interviews Rachel and falls for her.  Merrick is very misunderstood. He is devastated that Rachel turns down the job.  So, he looks into her life and finds out all about her. Stalks her for a few months, because talking to her is just out of the question.  I swear that man does not think things through.  So after some not so light stalking and finding out all he can about Rachel, He makes his move by meeting her at a club and drugging her.  That is how she is Taken.

Merrick abducts Rachel and takes her to Turtle Tear Island.  He is in love with her and wants her to work for him to restore the Hotel on the Island.  He calls it her home and that the Island is hers.  He say's that she is the one to bring it back to life.  She is the one for the job.  He thinks that by doing this he will be able to have her and that she will forgive him.  Merrick is trying to regain Rachel's trust.  Rachel is drawn to him and is starting to feel like she really cares for him.  The only issue is that he Took her and she can't let that go despite her wanting to be with him.  Throw in some steamy make out scenes and sexual tension that needs to be released.  There was one part in the book that had my mouth drop open.  There I am reading and enjoying my lovely book and then this one sex scene happens and I was thinking, NO WAY DID I JUST READ THAT?  Let me go back and reread it.  There it was.  I thought for sure after that there was no way that anything good can come out of this.  So I kept reading and well I can't tell you any more than that.  You are just going to have to read it for your self and love it like I did.

There is so much more to this book that I fell in love with.  First reading it from Rachel's POV only at first I had a hard time getting into Merricks head.  It did not take long.  I found myself liking him a lot.  He is troubled quite a bit.  There relationship is not an easy one.  Not in the way that most books are where there is a bunch of angst and your stomach is hurting.  She is just trying to get past the feeling that Merrick left her with.  Merrick has some dark secrets that are troubling him.  You know it.  You feel it in the way he talks to Rachel.  The way they fell in love is definitely not conventional but this is there story and I love it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment