"Some say the past is in the past. That vengeance will hurt both innocent and guilty. I never believed those lies. Once my lust for revenge is sated, I'll say goodbye to hatred. I'll find a new beginning."She came from a past Arthur "Kill" Killian never forgot. She made him sin and made him suffer. She tugged him from the shadows and showed him he wasn't as dead as he thought. And with her resurrection came betrayal, deceit, and war.
But then they took her. Stole her. Imprisoned her.
Now Kill's carefully laid plans for vengeance are complete. He craves action, retribution-the blood of his enemies. War has begun. War is all they'll know until they've paid their penance. He will get her back-and rewrite their destiny . . .
My Review
Years of vengeance comes to the surface in this book. I can absolutely say I had no idea what to expect from the author as I read.
The time had come for all the carefully laid plans to be carried out and I was a little nervous to see what Ms. Winters was going to deliver. I was unable to put my reading device down. But at the same time I wanted to walk away from it, just incase something was going to happen and I couldn't unread it.
This book is about family, love and going to the ends of the earth for one another.
This book is about family, love and going to the ends of the earth for one another.
All together I give this book 3.5 stars.
My likes...
Cleo, after everything she has been through is a tough cookie. She is Kill's strength when he is weak. She is his ground when she see's his step faltering. Most of all she loves him so deeply and unconditionally. Throughout the story Ms. Winters, drops hints leaving me worried that there was something so big, it would break them.
The story ventures off to a different angle and I was pleasantly surprised.
What I thought was going to happen...didn't.
The supporting characters were great. I would love to read more about them.
My dislikes...
There were times I felt Kill was a slightly on the whiney side ( don't get me wrong, I liked him). His declaration of love for Cleo was obvious but I felt it was over done at times.
BUY LINKS
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1lMnoj2
iBooks: http://apple.co/ 1ZHuBOY
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1MfyF3l
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1Rl9GCh
About Pepper Winters
Pepper Winters is a New York Times and USA Todayinternational bestseller. She loves dark romance, star-crossed lovers, as well as the forbidden and taboo. She strives to write a story that makes readers crave what they shouldn't, and delivers complex plots and unforgettable characters that keep readers talking long after the last page is turned.
On a personal note she loves to travel, has an addiction to creme brulee, and is married to an incredible Canadian who puts up with her endless work hours and accompanies her on signings. She's also a firm believer that the impossible can become possible.
On a personal note she loves to travel, has an addiction to creme brulee, and is married to an incredible Canadian who puts up with her endless work hours and accompanies her on signings. She's also a firm believer that the impossible can become possible.

No comments:
Post a Comment