Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Toxic by Kim Karr


Toxic by Kim Karr

4 STARS!

I enjoyed every moment of this book.  The ups and downs and everything in-between, I was on the high that only Kim could deliver. 

Phoebe St. Claire and Jeremy McQueen’s past relationsip have caught up with her.  Unresolved closure and ex-fiancé are more than she can deal with.  It is hard enough try to save the family business, now she has a past that won’t go away, and once the truth comes out can Jeremy and Phoebe survive?

Jeremy and Phoebe haven’t seen one another in years.  Their first encounter after all this time, made me HATE Jeremy.  Really hate him, and all I could think was, WHAT A DICK.  But, as stories go, keep swimming (I mean reading).

Their love story was far from hearts and flowers, it was a lot of work and trust.  Events were going on around them, which made them question the other person, just as they were getting back on track.  Should they go their separate ways?  How would you feel if you learned that the person you loved, still didn’t trust you?  How can one move past that?  When is enough, enough?

This book was not all about romance; it had lies, deceit and everything in-between.  I was nervous for what was next and shocked when new plots were introduced to the story.  

As I continued reading the book, I had no idea what was going to happen, who was the one that needed a slap in the face, or a bat to the head.  That is what I enjoy most, when I can’t quite figure out who is the villain and who is the good guy.  Every character in this book is important to the story.  My mind was spinning trying to point my finger at someone.  I couldn’t sleep, I had to finish this book, and I needed to know what was going to happen.  When I did find out how everything fell into place…well played Kim.  I had no idea.











No comments:

Post a Comment