Title: Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
Author: Kylie Scott
Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Synopsis
Stay up all night with the sexy rockers in Stage Dive, the epic rock star romance series from New York Times bestselling author Kylie Scott, author of Lick and Play.
As the lead singer of Stage Dive, Jimmy is used to getting whatever he wants, whenever he wants it, whether it's booze, drugs, or women. However, when a PR disaster serves as a wake-up call about his life and lands him in rehab, he finds himself with Lena, a new assistant to keep him out of trouble.
Lena's not willing to take any crap from the sexy rocker and is determined to keep their relationship completely professional, despite their sizzling chemistry. But when Jimmy pushes her too far and Lena leaves, he realizes that he may just have lost the best thing that ever happened to him.
Excerpt
“Lena, you seen my old black Led Zep shirt?”
“Nope.”
“You sure?” His brows became one dark cranky line. The scratches on his face were healing well, thank goodness. Though it didn’t reduce my desire to throttle his mother on a daily basis.
“Yes. I haven’t seen it.”
Can’t find it anywhere…”
“And this is a surprise, how?” I slipped my hands into my back jean’s pockets. “Jimmy, you own more clothing than Cher, Brittney, and Elvis, put together. Things are bound to go missing.”
“Sure you haven’t seen it?”
“For goodness sake, what do you think, Jimmy? That I stole it to sleep in or something?” I laughed bitterly. Sure as hell, the truth deserved a good mocking. I’d sunk so despicably low.
I hadn’t even meant to steal the stupid thing, but the shirt had been mixed up with my laundry a few days ago. It’d been the first top I laid my hand on after stepping out of the shower, ready to go to bed. Without thought, I’d put it on and it’d been so soft, the scent of him lingering beneath the laundry detergent. Every night since, I’d found myself in it come bedtime. My shame knew no limits. And no, I still hadn’t quit. The words still hadn’t come even close to leaving my mouth.
He frowned. “No.”
“That I have some deep secret longing to feel close to you resulting in my stealing your shirt like some creepy perv?”
“Course I don’t fucking think that,” he replied crankily, reaching up to grip the top of the doorframe. All of his bulging muscles stretched the arms of his white T-shirt in the nicest way. It was all I could do not to start drooling, my heart beat taking up residence somewhere down between my thighs. And who could blame it? Not me. Maybe if I got laid, this would go away and things would return to normal. It’d seemed safer to avoid rubbing up against any men just in case I got carried away and started dating again. This new situation, however, changed everything.
“Well, of course not! That would be crazy.” And wasn’t that the god’s honest truth? Cray-zeee. Lock me up and throw away the key because it wasn’t like I didn’t know better.
“Just can’t figure out where the hell it could be.”
Angels couldn’t have smiled as innocently. They might have tried, but they would have failed, the dirty-mouthed, winged, little liars. “Jimmy, I don’t know where it is. But I’ll look around for it later, okay?”
“Yeah,” he said, and then added as an afterthought, “and stop looking at me weird.”
“I’m not!”
My Review
This book left me with so many mixed emotions. I liked them, I hated them, then I liked them them again only to want to shake the ever living shit out of both Jimmy and Lena. But at the end of it all I loved them.
So first off Lena gets this job working for Jimmy the lead singer of Stage Dive. He is a recovering addict and needs someone to be with him pretty much at all times. help him with his goal towards sobriety. They get used to one another and find that she really does not treat him with fragile hands. She is funny and uses that to help Jimmy not be such a jerk. The only issue is she knows that after a couple of months she knows that she needs to quit. She knows that even though her and Jimmy are close, he does not have feelings for her. The only issue is she does.
"Why?" The ass shouted, the sound reverberating around the room.
"Because I have feelings for you, alright! And don't yell at me."
Silence.
Absolute, pure, silence.
Little lines appeared beside his nose. "What did you say?"
Jimmy being the heartless insensitive jerk that he is will not let her quit. He gets along with her and does not want to hire another companion as they call her job title. So they (Jimmy) come up with a plan thanks to a little article to help Lena get over him. This is where it got really strange and super funny.
"You know where you can shove the list?
And if you need help, let me just fetch a rubber glove and some lube and I'll be right with you."
They have this relationship that Jimmy just keeps pushing Lena and pissing her off, then does something nice and jerky at the same time that she is not sure if she wants to love him or hate him. Lena has had bad relationships in the past and being in love with Jimmy is not what is best for her.
Lena is trying to show Jimmy that he is a good person who does care about others. But then he goes and says something really stupid. He always seems to get her pissed off and me as well. Right here is an example.
"You're pissed?" He stepped closer. "Lena, I've got a lot of flaws. We've been living in each other's pockets for a couple of months now so you of all people know that. Not liking the was you look isn't one of them. You want to chew me out over something, pick another topic, you're way off on this one."
This got a nice little note on my iPad "HE IS SUCH AN ASSHOLE!" My problem here is that I just wanted to beat the ever living shit out of him. Lena was not quite when it came to voicing her anger with him, I just wanted her to punch him once or twice.
Jimmy's problem was that he shut himself off. he did not do hugging, kissing or any other feelings at the time. Yet there were times that I wanted to shout that he did care and he really did want her. Jimmy had an emotional attachment to Lena even if he did not recognize it for him self. He did nice things for her. But he drew the line at HUGGING (I can't wait for you all to read that part).
Oh, then there are the dates that Lena goes on as part of her "Get over Jimmy quest." I was sure that something big was going to happen and yet the author kept the suspense going the WHOLE time. In fact just be ready for a suspense filled ride that will keep your stomach in knots and head spinning. Kylie has done an outstanding job with this series.
The Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott
Lick (Stage Dive #1)
Play (Stage Dive #2)
Lead (Stage Dive, #3)
Coming January 6th, 2015
Deep (Stage Dive #4)
Pre - Order
About Kylie Scott
Kylie is a long time fan of romance, rock music, and B-grade horror films. Based in Queensland, Australia with her two children and one delightful husband, she reads, writes and never dithers around on the internet.
Check out more of Kylie’s work





No comments:
Post a Comment